What is Power Flushing? & Why It’s Needed?
People often overlook the importance of maintaining a heating system such as a radiator or boiler. This carelessness results in scaling and dirt that reduce the boiler’s efficiency and restrict the water circulation. That’s where power flushing comes in handy! But first, we need to that what power flushing is.
What is Power Flushing?
It’s a process of removing sludge, rust, debris, and other contaminants from your central heating system. By performing power flush, you take a step towards enhancing the longevity and efficiency of your heating system.
- This process is performed by combining highly moving water with potent cleaning agents.
- It’s done at high velocity but with low pressure to safeguard the heating system against damage.
- The whole heating system is cleaned of dirt and debris, increasing the overall lifespan.
When is Power Flushing Needed?
Now, let’s look into the signs leading to this process. Here are a few of the signs that tell you when power flushing is needed:
- Excessive and loud noise coming from your boiler or heating system.
- Rooms are either taking a long time to warm up or not getting any heat.
- Blocked pipes and cloudy tap water.
- Radiator requires frequent bleeding.
How Does a Power Flush Work?
Now that you know what is power flushing, let’s have a look at how a power flush works:
- First, a powerful pump is linked directly to your central heating system. This motor either gets connected to the pump head, circulation pump, or radiator’s tail, depending upon the type of your heating system.
- Now, this pump will flush or force fastly moving water and cleaning agents through the pipework.
- The dirt and scale are loosened and mixed with the water, and this water is forced out of the heating system.
- Lastly, clean water enters your heating system to remove any trace of contaminants and prevent the future recurrence of debris.
What are the Advantages of Power Flushing?
Here are the power flush service advantages:
- You’ll have a warmer home, and heat will be evenly distributed throughout.
- Your central heating system will work more efficiently, saving you money on your utility bills.
- Improves the lifespan and reliability of your heating system.
- The boiler and radiator will become less noisy, and you’ll not see breakdowns.
How Long Does a Power Flush Take?
The time it takes to power flush depends upon the size of your home and the heating system. Generally, for a three-bedroom house, the power flushing of the central heating system takes approximately 5 to 6 hours.
However, this duration may vary with the size of the central heating system and its scaling condition. If it’s badly expected, it’ll take a longer time to get cleaned properly.
Now that you are aware of what power flushing is, you must be looking for someone authentic to get this service. If yes, no one is better than Kingstree Plumbing! We have a highly proficient team who deals with all the bits and pieces of your central heating system and performs a quick power flush. So, don’t wait and get our affordable and efficient services now!
About Kingstree Plumbing-
Looking for a plumbing repair service near you? Check out Kingstree Plumbing! We provide residential and commercial emergency plumbing services, including plumbing repair, water softener installation, water heaters, gas fittings, sump pump maintenance, whole-house repiping, and whole house humidifiers.
It’s our goal to ensure you have an operational plumbing system you can always rely on, regardless of the issues you may experience.
Our professional plumbers offer only quality services, helping you keep your plumbing systems in good operating condition with efficient repairs and replacements when necessary. Fill out our contact form for regular services and more information, or call 780-695-2792 for emergency services.